1 March 2012

Ham, Egg and Cheese Cups

These days, I'm seeing so many recipes to make in muffin tins. And they all look wonderful! I can't wait to try them as the days go on. I started with a very simple and straight forward cup recipe. I love big breakfasts but hate that the person doing the cooking is usually the last to eat while everyone else is done. So, I have been trying to find different ways to beat this as I love sitting together as a family to eat our meals. Some tips that I've come to use to help with this: cook the bacon in the oven leaving stove top space, when cooking pancakes or French toast - I keep them warm in a low heat oven and serve all at the same time and have a great partner to help in the kitchen :)
And of course, cooking your eggs in a muffin tin is another. You can do almost anything with this recipe and change it however you like. I have frozen these (my Dad LOVED them) and I also keep them in the fridge for the week for a quick and hearty breakfast for my hubby. You can also put one of the egg cups between a toasted English muffin for one of those famous breakfast sandwiches. Very tasty!


Ham, Egg and Cheese Cups
source: not really one recipe as it is all over the internet!

Ingredients
6 eggs
6 slices deli ham
shredded cheese
(options include: chopped peppers, chopped mushrooms, all sorts of cheeses, salsa, hot sauce and the list goes on!)

   Preheat your oven to 350F. Spray your muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Line each cup with a slice of ham. Once that's done, crack an egg into each cup. Use a fork to break the yolk. You don't want to try and whisk it with the fork as it will make a nice mess. Trust me LOL. Sprinkle the top of each cup with some cheese. How much is really up to you. And that's it!! Pop the muffin tin into the pre-heated oven and set your timer for 20 minutes. Now you have time to make the toast or prepare an English muffin for a great breakfast sandwich.

Happy cooking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment