6 March 2012

Quick and Easy Greek Pasta Salad

This salad is a big favorite in our house, whether it's summer or winter, it really makes no difference. To make this salad come together a little quicker, I have opted for a bottled salad dressing, but if you have the time, you can definitely use your own salad dressing mix. I do have a great Greek homemade salad dressing, I'll have to dig it out and share it! This salad is a hit wherever we go. It is my go to salad for picnics or BBQs in the summer, basically I offer to bring it wherever we go and it's always welcomed LOL. There are no exact amounts, it's basically however much you choose to make. So pick and choose what you like and add however much of it you like. And of course, enjoy!!

Greek Pasta Salad
source: Margaret, Randee and Sandra

Ingredients
cooked and cooled fusilli noodles or radiator noodles (I use about half a box for us which lasts quite a few days)
bottled Greek salad dressing (I use Kraft Greek Feta and Oregano light salad dressing)
chopped red and green peppers (I use about 3/4 of each colour)
chopped and peeled cucumber (I use about 1/2 a small cucumber)
sliced kalamata olives
chopped red onions
halved grape tomatoes
diced or crumbled feta cheese

Once you have allowed your noodles to cool for a bit, add some of the dressing and toss with the noodles. Add in the veggies you have chosen to use and some feta. Toss again. You may need to add more dressing, I always do. And you may need to add more dressing when you serve it. The noodles LOVE to soak up the salad dressing. And voila! A fantastic salad with a ton of veggies!! Both my 2 and 3 year old love this salad and  always ask for more!

Happy Cooking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment