12 April 2012

Easy Homemade Pizza

I am a big fan of quick and easy recipes. I definitely enjoy the more elaborate recipes but now that I have kids, time is of the essence. I save the elaborate meals for very very very special days (hardly ever). Until the kids are older and more independent, I want to spend as much time with them as I can. When I find a quick and easy recipe, I usually make sure that I love it. And this recipe is quick, easy and tastes great. And the kids love it. What more could I ask for.
There is no kneading in this recipe. Just add ingredients, mix with a wooden spoon, let rest to rise and use. Yup, it's that simple. Freezes like a charm too!


Homemade Pizza
source: www.onceamonthmom.com (here)

Ingredients
2 3/4 cups of lukewarm water
1 1/2 tbsp granulated active yeast (not instant)
1 1/2 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
6 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (I use regular all-purpose)

Mix the yeast, salt, sugar and olive oil with the water in a large bowl. Add the flour and mix using a wooden spoon. No kneading.
Cover and let rest at room temperature for about 2 hours. When you cover, be sure that it is NOT airtight.
Use the dough immediately or if you rather freeze it, place it in the fridge for at least 4 hours and then portion, wrap in plastic and freeze in freezer bags.
To cook your pizza, preheat oven to 450F. Cook for about 15 mins.

This dough makes about 2 large, 3 medium, 4 small or 16 calzones.
You can also make garlic knots with it! Recipe to come for that soon!!

Happy cooking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment